Helmet Fitting Guide: Get a perfect fit
- Use a manufactures fitting chart and measuring tape. (1)
- Find the corresponding helmet category
(e.g. Small, Large, Extra Large …)
- Open helmet by pulling chin straps outwards and place over your head. (2)
- A helmet should fit tight on your head.
- The helmet should feel comfortable.
- Check the helmet surrounds your forehead tightly…(3)
(you cannot put your thumb between your forehead and helmet).
- Adjust and close the chinstrap.
- Chinstrap may not be pushing against your neck
- Shake your head, the helmet itself may not move! (4)
- Make sure you can’t slide the helmet of your head. (5)
- Sit on your motorcycle in a riding position… the top of the helmet may not influence your vision.
- To the left and right should be 100% vision
(but this is required from the manufactures by law)
- If you wear glasses make sure to try them on with the helmet. (6)
- Full faced masks need at least a finger in front of your chin.
- Press down on the top of the helmet (hold it their)… make sure it feels comfy and surrounds the whole of your head.
- Check for all the features you want / need.
- Wear it for at least 5 minutes and check irritation points.(7)
Note: the inner lining will shrink a bite, making the helmet a bite looser.
Filed under: Aman Berkendara |